Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day weekend!

My family did absolutely nothing exciting over Labor Day weekend! Friday was Hazel's birthday so we had our very first sleepover party! It was full of pure hell!! To start things off a kid throws up all over the carpet in Hazel's room. She's just a throw up child, anything makes her throw up so we figured she'd be fine. She played and was feeling perfect, we ordered pizza for dinner and I was fixing their drinks and plates. Everyone wanted root beer so I put ice in the cups and grabbed the root beer and start to open it and............it explodes all over me and my kitchen!!! I've never had a bigger mess (except for the throw up a little earlier) OMG, I thought I'd never get this spill cleaned up! Do you have any idea how sticky root beer is?? I didn't before but unfortunately now I do. Ok, that mess cleaned up except that I haven't yet scrubbed the floor, so we are walking on it with this sticky texture. After this mishap I HAD to have a shower! I had root beer on me from head to toe!! We have opened presents and are getting ready to eat some cake when "throw up child" says she doesn't feel well again. So she proceeds to throw up on me and the carpet again! Now I call her parents to come pick her up, then another one of the girls gets scared of the throw up and starts panicking! She was scared she was going to throw up! She starts yelling for her mommy and I have to call her to come pick her up! What a mess!! Then Hazel starts crying saying she doesn't understand why child #2 has to leave, she's not even sick. After explaining that to her, she and the other 3 guests left start playing and having the most fun ever! My poor husband at this time is still running the carpet cleaner to clean up the throw up and that kitchen floor is still sticky! I take shower #2, since I got thrown up on!! I feel very clean by this point, after all I had taken 3 showers in one day!! After the 2 kids go home the one's that were left had the best time, so Hazel actually had a great sleepover after everything was cleaned up!! I will try to post a few pics from the eventful night later today.

On Saturday I had to mop the entire floor with super hot water and Dawn dish detergent to get the sticky off the floor! After that we pretty much crashed for the rest of the weekend! I didn't get out of my PJ's all day Sunday. We watched several movies and lots of TV shows. Yesterday we watched the hurricane come in via TV. And found out we will probably have our very own hurricane coming in at the end of the week. Hopefully it won't land right in Wilmington but you never know. We just have to keep a close eye on it!!

1 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh Melissa, I'm so sorry about all that disaster with the throw up and root beer. I can just imagine you dealing with all that. Oy! I'm glad they ended up having a non-eventful and fun time after those two girls left.