Friday, September 5, 2008

Tropical Storm Hanna part 2

As promised these are photos taken at Wrightsville Beach, NC just an hour ago. I was pouring down rain when we first got there but it quickly went to a sprinkle so we didn't get soaking wet! This is the north part of the beach. We went that way 1st because it's usually where all the news people are, and boy were they ever there! As you can see here. This is at the Holiday Inn Sunspree, where I took most of my pictures. Josh and I also met 2 ladies that actually drove down here from Durham just to see the beach with the storm coming in and they are spending the night! I thought that was taking things a little too far! But everyone is different!
Now here's one of me in front of the choppy surf with my nice cup of Cafe Mocha from Port City Java! There's nothing better!! Except maybe the beach with a beer! :)

The next 2 are taken at the south end of Wrightsville Beach at Masonboro Inlet. If you look very closely you can see the jetty, I tried to get a good pic of it. This was about the time my camera battery died. But no fear, I have fresh charged ones ready to capture some more fond memories of a tropical storm, which is supposed to be a hurricane by landfall later tonight.


As you can see the sun actually started coming out a little. It's trying to peek out now at our house, we are only a 15 minute drive to the beach. Well I will post more info and pics as I have them! For now we are just relaxing and having a beer and waiting for Hanna to get here! :)

1 comments:

Rhonda said...

A 15 minute drive to the beach. Sigh. How nice!!!
Oh, but I'll do without the storms so big they get named! lol