Friday, September 5, 2008

Tropical Storm Hanna


Here are 2 pics that describe my weekend! Tropical Storm Hanna is expected to make landfall tonight. The people in Wilmington are going nuts!! You can hardly find bread, water or milk. You would think Hurrican Ike was approaching us! I think this one sounds like a good reason for a storm party!! :) Of course we have the necessary items like bread, bottled water, batteries, beer, wine, beer, wine! :) I'm almost always prepared with batteries because finding those at this point in this town would be like finding a needle in a haystack! That's not streching the truth! So for now we just sit and wait for Hanna. I'll post later about how things are going. I'll try to take pics to post of water and damage also, although I don't think there will be too much, damage that is. I think we may ride to the beach later on so I'll get some good pics of the surf to post!! It's pretty eerie looking when there's a storm out there!

4 comments:

Los said...

We're expecting quite a bit of rain and wind in Philly as well (starting tonight).

I hope the Outer Banks doesn't get too roughed up! We were down in Kill Devil Hills a little over a month ago - I absolutely love it there!

Carrie said...

Good luck with the storm. We actually live in South Florida, so we will see how Ike plays out.
Thanks for stopping by!

Caroline said...

Mel, you're doing great with blogging, keep up the good work. I had no idea when Hanna was supposed to make landfall until now. I'm supposed to go to Raleigh tonight for a baby shower. Hope I'll be okay! Thanks for giving me the forecast!

Anonymous said...

my brother in law and wife live in wilmington. i wonder if they're freaking out? (they're transplants from IL)I guess I should give them a call tonight. Have a safe weekend!