Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Love bears all things

I have a desk flip calendar titled "God's Way, Day by Day" by Charles Stanley which I read every morning when I get to work. So reading this particular one has inspired me to do this post. The bible verse at the top is "love...bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things" I Corinthians 13:4,7. This takes me back in time almost 11 years ago when I met the love of my life. We had a sort of strange meeting but still I think it was love at first sight! It was a hot August day that I decided to visit one of my friends at the tanning salon where she worked. I also was tanning that day. As she and I were talking I see my friend Adam drive up and he had this really tall guy with him. I was thinking gosh this guy is hot! Well as it turns out this tall guy was my future husband! What a strange place to meet, but it doesn't matter how or where it happened, it was meant to be. It's so hard to believe that was 11 years ago and we now have been married 9 years and have a almost 7 year old daughter. It just so happens that she was born on Aug 29, just one day before the 4 year anniversary of our meeting!

This verse also takes me back to our wedding day, the first happiest day of my life. Just like at most weddings this verse was read during the ceremony. It just makes me understand that love really does bear all things. If it were not true, Josh and I would not be together. My husband is something that I thank God for everyday of my life, without him I would not be complete. We have had our struggles just like everyone else but our love for each other and our love for God has ALWAYS seen us through it.

Josh, I love you very much and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you!!

1 comments:

Caroline said...

I have a solution for your writer's block. Mama Kat over at

www.mamakatslosinit.blogspot.com

is hosting Writer's Workshop Wednesdays where she throws out a topic to write about every Wednesday. You email her your link to the post and she'll put it up on her blog. I'm going to participate tomorrow and I guess she'll do this every week.