Thursday, July 3, 2008

Recipe of the week

Okay, I'm gonna start something and try to do this once a week. Each week I'm going to try a new recipe for dinner and if it turns out good, I'm going to post it! I absolutely LOVE to cook!!! I try all different kinds of stuff and make up my own!! Here goes nothing!!

We had this for dinner last night and it was a hit!! After I got this idea in my head, which was after the food was gone, I happened to think that I should have taken a picture of my finished product. So I will do that next time.

Basil Grilled Chicken
3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
4 chicken breast halves (I used a boneless skinless breast)
1/4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves, plus 2 tablespoons freshly minced basil leaves
1/3 cup (5 tablespoons) butter, melted, plus 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Prepare grill.
Press the coarsely ground pepper into the meaty side of the chicken breast halves. Stir the chopped basil into the melted butter. Brush the chicken lightly with this mixture. In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, minced basil, Parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Beat on low speed or just mix together with a spoon until smoothly blended.

Grill the chicken over medium coals for 8 to 10 minutes on each side, basting frequently with the remaining butter mixture.

Serve the grilled chicken with the basil-butter mixture. I just spread my butter on top of the chicken breast.

I got this recipe from www.foodnetwork.com.

It was wonderful!!! Even my six year old was talking about how good the chicken was!!

1 comments:

Caroline said...

I think I gained 10 lbs reading the recipe. Yum-O! Yeah, next time take pictures. I posted a meatloaf recipe with pictures of the steps. I think it was in June and was called Caro's Cuisine. I'm looking forward to reading your blog!