Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nasty pests!!

Well I've been trying to think of something to post for a week now and I've finally come up with something! Caro, you have inspired me with your mosiquto story! I have a similar problem but a different pest. FLIES!!! They are everywhere and I mean everywhere. They always seem to show up when we are grilling on the patio. I guess they smell the good food!! I absolutely hate flies with a passion! If one gets in the house I immediately get the fly swatter and chase it around the house until I kill it. The are just nasty!! Anyway, when we are grilling every fly in New Hanover county comes to visit us!! Of course when the door is open the line up to march in! I counted 6 in my kitchen on Monday night!!! So here I go chasing flies. I just don't know what to do to get rid of them. I have pondered the idea of getting those sticky things to hang around the door to the patio but how tacky would that look? We'd look like trailer trash!! Well that's my gripe session for the day! If anyone has any ideas please give me comments!!

1 comments:

Caroline said...

I don't know what to do for flies Mel. Maybe you could get Josh to install one of those massive blowers that about knock you over when you go into Wendy's or Wal-Mart or wherever to keep the flies out. That wouldn't look like trailer trash...tee hee.